 |
| Alex working on his abs |
We are about to get very busy. Later this week, my dad and stepmother are coming to visit. Although we have seen them at their place, they haven't been here since just after Jacob was born so we are really excited to have them here. The next week I have a conference for work. It's in Oakland - which is local but not exactly next door. It will mean long days but not overnight travel. The next week we have a friend from college visiting. And the following week is the weekend before Halloween and the weekend of the political potluck. Somewhere in there I have promised Jacob a coconut tree costume for Halloween. If you have ever read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom then you know what I'm talking about. And that's October! My mom gets here shortly thereafter, just in time for Alex's birthday. A few days later I have surgery and a little forced downtime. I have decided to spend some of that time making blankets for a group called Project Linus. I found out about them in a Dear Abby column of all places, but only recently found a fleece blanket pattern that I like and a little bit of time. Jacob's and Chris's birthdays follow shortly after that and then, of course, Christmas.
 |
| Shuttle over Palo Alto |
In the meantime, we have been getting ready. We are taking advantage of the new freezer and stocking up and cleaning the house. We've also been spending some quiet time with just the four of us. Alex will be transitioning to the twos class later this week. The boys and I got flu shots today. Also, recently the space shuttle was headed to LA in order to be displayed in a museum. As it turns out, the shuttle went right past my office and over Chris's as well. Very nice since it was on a Friday morning. We have gotten together a couple of times with a family from daycare and all of the boys had a blast. Jacob has been making nests for his puppy ever since I called his bed (and the way that he wraps himself in his blankets) a nest.
 |
| "Puppy-bird" in his nest |
We are about to be really busy, but we are looking forward to the next few weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment