Monday, November 17, 2008

Exciting things

Not all baby related exciting things though. So first of all, my due date is now officially a month away and I am almost to full term so that's very exciting. I have a sonogram tomorrow and a doctor's appointment on Friday where we will decide if it is necessary to schedule a c section. I go back and forth on what I would prefer - for sure I'd rather have a planned c section than an emergency one. But hopefully we will have that figured out soon!

In the meantime, I had a wonderful day at work on Friday that mostly involved sitting in the shade in a camp chair with my feet up and watching people move a building. Here is a video with more information, but basically my organization will be moving into a historic building in a nature preserve. Until recently the building (which is shaped like a boat) was sinking into the SF Bay, but theoretically, in a year or so we'll be able to move in.
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=2274697001

On Sunday, we had our annual WW awards ceremony and staff meeting. It's an interesting job to have because we don't see each other that often: as a leader I rarely ever see other leaders, only the receptionists that I work with. As a result, some of my fellow staff hadn't known that I was pregnant or if they did, they hadn't seen me in 6 weeks or so. I need to post another picture, but suffice it to say that a lot has changed in that time. However, the whole thing was quite the ego boost. Not a single person commented how big I was or asked me if I was having twins - everyone just told me how great I looked. Even though by the end of the day my back hurt and my feet were swollen, I did not feel nearly as drained as I have some days when I have encountered the other comments all day long.

So all in all it was a good weekend. And there should be more frequent updates this week because things will be actually happening!!

2 comments:

AnyMotherSisterWife said...

Don't let the comments get you down! I was HUGE, and I was back to my pre-preg weight within 6 weeks. You have WAY better eating habits than I do, and you are much more active. Plus most people say that they are smaller than they were before after the first one (mom included). Go for the c-section--longer hospital stay! And by God, PUT THE BABY IN THE NURSERY AT NIGHT WHILE YOU ARE IN THE HOSPITAL. Ppl reading this comment may judge, but judge away people--I'll do it again for the next one!

Post a pic of the nursery!

Irene said...

Wow... where do you work now?