Sunday, November 9, 2008

What's in a name?


It is harder than one would think to come up with a name for a baby...particularly one that we both like! But we have officially decided on Jacob Christopher. I suspect this will be shortened to Jake from time to time but under no circumstances will he go by his middle name! We wanted a name without too many syllables because the name is already pretty long (anything with Christopher in it is long) and we had decided not to name him after anyone since we couldn't name him after everyone. Admittedly I'm a little sad to see that Jacob has been the most popular baby boy name for almost 10 years since I had no idea, but we really like the name. I'll be curious to see how the numbers for 2008 look because I've been seeing lot more names like Caden and Hunter.

In the meantime, Jacob is definitely getting bigger and stronger as he prepares for his entrance into the world. As a result I'm getting quite a bit bigger myself :-) This isn't a great picture but it will give you an idea about how big my tummy's getting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! That's a great name! It rolls of the tongue quite well for those times that he might get in trouble :-)