
This past week Chris's parents came to visit. The timing worked out really well for us because we had tickets to see Fiddler on the Roof. The tickets were a Christmas present from Chris's sisters (thanks ladies!) and while we could have found babysitters, it was nice that Nana and Grandpa could spend time with the boys. Unfortunately it rained the entire time they were here...and in fact it is still raining...which means that there was no visiting the park or riding any bikes. But I still think that a good time was had by all.
Earlier this week, Jacob started doing something I never thought I'd see: going up to bed without me even mentioning it. The exchange goes something like this: Jacob starts throwing a fit or whining about something. I say "Jacob you are too whiny...I can't understand you unless you calm down". Jacob says "ok back to bed" and then goes up stairs, lays down in bed, and comes back down a couple minutes later in a much better mood. I have no idea where this is coming from but I'm certainly not in any position to question it! He also has developed a love of being upside down. When something is upside down he gets excited and says "side down!" which means when he wants to be upside down he says "CubSide down!" which I think is perfect.

Alex, in the meantime, is having a developing a sense of humor. He thinks it's really funny when I change his clothes - especially if he's wearing a shirt that goes over his head. He watches Jacob and laughs and smiles at him.
The next couple weeks should be back to normal

1 comment:
That first picture is SO great! Jacob does look really old with his front tooth gone!
Post a Comment