Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I give up!

So many times in the past few months I've had something I wanted to post, but didn't because I needed to post birthdays, Christmas, etc. I swear some time I will get those things up. But I'm missing too much in the meantime. So I am giving up trying to keep everything chronological.

We are all doing well, we're very busy, same old same old. But the boys are growing fast and never cease to amaze me. Like the day Jacob saw my college sweatshirt and said "J-A-C-K - Hey that says Grandpa!". Now it actually said Yellow Jackets, but he does in fact have a grandfather named Jack. I still don't know how exactly he figured it out, but I'm guessing it's because of the Wii. Or the day Jacob declared enthusiastically that he wanted to "play with matches". Now don't get me wrong: if he knew what matches were, he would want to play with them. But in this case, he wanted to play Memory (you know, where you find matches). Out of nowhere, he tells me the months of the year, the colors of the rainbow (including indigo). Most of this is coming from school but the song he's singing here is from the Cat in the Hat on PBS.



Alex is walking and has developed quiet a personality. Sadly he has entered a screeching phase which I hope ends very soon. Whenever he doesn't get when he wants he gives the most awful (and loud) screech. But he also has a love of bubbles and he idolizes his big brother. I keep trying to get a video of him singing along with Old McDonald, but either Jacob takes over or Alex gets too interested in the camera. I'll keep working on it - it's really cute! He puts toys away and then claps for himself. He helps unload the dishwasher and finally goes to daycare without crying (usually).


When I have a little bit of a break I'll get caught up, but in the meantime I'll keep posting so I don't lose all this stuff!

No comments: