Earlier this week, Jacob lost his second tooth! Technically it's his third because of the one he knocked out, but it's the second that came out because the permanent tooth was ready to come in. This time we are prepared: it's been loose for awhile so we made a "tooth pocket" door hanger so the tooth fairy won't have to try to find his tooth in his bed. Which would be difficult in his bunkbed with all of his snuggles and his propensity to flop around. They sell tooth fairy pillows for a lot of money, but we got the pieces and made a door hanger instead.
The first official tooth came out back in January - while we were in Tucson visiting Chris's grandparents. It was our second to last night in the hotel and as Jacob was going to bed he said "my tooth is REALLY loose". We thought he was just trying to delay bedtime. He wasn't. The next morning he woke up with the tooth missing. And nowhere to be found.
Amazingly the tooth fairy was prepared. By the time we got back from breakfast to look for the tooth the tooth fairy had already come and left Jacob an Angry Birds activity book. (I have a feeling there might be a similar activity book for today's tooth.) She did have to improvise a note on the hotel stationary though. As we were walking out the door the next morning to head back to San Jose, Jacob stopped and said "Hey! I think the tooth fairy wrote her note here! Look at this paper!"
Unfortunately, the two permanent teeth are coming in completely crooked so I sense braces in our future.
In the meantime, Alex's teeth have tightened back up and while they will likely turn gray in the future they appear to be just fine now.
In other news, Jacob has a speech evaluation scheduled for the beginning of April because while I can usually understand him, not everyone can. And sometimes I have a hard time. Some of this is probably related to the tooth that's been missing since he was first leaning how to talk, but if we can work on it before he starts kindergarten I think everyone will be better off. Chris had a last minute business trip to Italy that ended up being two weeks (originally scheduled for a week and a half). He will likely be going back sometime in the next month or so.
While Chris was gone I hosted a blanket making party to benefit Project Linus - an organization that gives blankets to kids who are in the hospital or otherwise in stressful situations. I made a bunch of blankets after my surgery and then ordered a ton of fleece. Once life returned to normal I wasn't very good at getting them done so we've just had a lot of fleece sitting around. At the same time, a lot of people had asked me how to make the blankets. So, many birds, one stone and it was a lot of fun. Thankfully, Chris's uncle was willing to get the boys out of the house for awhile so we could work! Ironically we had planned for that weekend because the beginning of March was REALLY busy (I had extra work stuff and we had lots of things scheduled), but we had no idea that Chris would be out of the country by the time it came around. Oh well. We had fun and many blankets were made. I have a couple more to finish up and then I will deliver them to Project Linus.
Oh so much more has happened since I started this post a couple days ago. But those things will wait for another time. For now I will leave you with this:
![]() |
| Apparently I talk on the phone too much...using headphones. |




No comments:
Post a Comment