By far the most common question lately - from EVERYONE - is if we've picked a name yet. The short answer is no. Before we even imagined that we were going to have a baby I had already declared that we would NOT have a Chris - no Christopher, no Christian, no Christine - nothing that could become Chris. To which Chris said "no Chris Jr?!" I asked him if he was serious or just messing with me and he wasn't sure but of course at that time it didn't matter. Now we are not only having a baby but the baby is a boy. I thought about making a deal with Beth and Josh: we could name our baby Todd and then they could have a boy and name him Donovan. I think that would be fun! I also suggested naming him Donovan. There's nothing wrong with someone having the same first and last name right? Here's what I can say for sure: we are not naming him after anyone (since we can't name him after everyone) but it will be a name that other people have heard of before. We will not be making up a name just to be unique or pick a common name and make up a crazy spelling. That's where we are now. And we have a couple more months to think about it so we'll let you know when we know!
PS: Chris did not have to go to Texas and at this point if he does go it will be a "you're leaving on Saturday" vs. a "you're leaving in three hours" since he'll be going as a replacement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Donovan Todd is actually a great name--sounds like a football player! I don't know about Todd as a first name though, I guess I'm just so used to it being a last name, it sounds funky to me. But no, Donovan Donovan is not okay.
Post a Comment