On Monday Jacob and I went back to work at the EV. Monday was pretty low key - a meeting at the South Bay office followed by lunch at Fresh Choice. It was all going pretty well until Jacob just lost it. He was not the only screaming baby in the place but he was the loudest. I had finally decided to leave and I took his blanket and threw it on to his car seat. The very moment it landed on him - covering his face - he gave a little squeak and then there was nothing. He was completely silent, midscream. I moved the blanket off of his face expecting to see surprised blue eyes but instead he was out cold. He proceeded to sleep for 3 and a half hours. Back at the Peninsula office we are set up in the back room with the Pack n Play. Unfortunately for most of the week he was not interested in sleeping in the Pack n Play...he'd get super tired and would just cry. If he did fall asleep and I put him down he'd wake back up. BUT on Thursday he took a nap for half an hour in the crib so I'm optimistic for next week. Here is a picture of us at work...but he definitely looks more interested in the bottle than the computer. If you're paying attention you'll also see that I got my hair cut pretty short. That is the result of the fact that Jacob liked to get his fingers as tangled up as possible and then pull! I will probably grow it back out again but for now this is working nicely!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Back to work!
On Monday Jacob and I went back to work at the EV. Monday was pretty low key - a meeting at the South Bay office followed by lunch at Fresh Choice. It was all going pretty well until Jacob just lost it. He was not the only screaming baby in the place but he was the loudest. I had finally decided to leave and I took his blanket and threw it on to his car seat. The very moment it landed on him - covering his face - he gave a little squeak and then there was nothing. He was completely silent, midscream. I moved the blanket off of his face expecting to see surprised blue eyes but instead he was out cold. He proceeded to sleep for 3 and a half hours. Back at the Peninsula office we are set up in the back room with the Pack n Play. Unfortunately for most of the week he was not interested in sleeping in the Pack n Play...he'd get super tired and would just cry. If he did fall asleep and I put him down he'd wake back up. BUT on Thursday he took a nap for half an hour in the crib so I'm optimistic for next week. Here is a picture of us at work...but he definitely looks more interested in the bottle than the computer. If you're paying attention you'll also see that I got my hair cut pretty short. That is the result of the fact that Jacob liked to get his fingers as tangled up as possible and then pull! I will probably grow it back out again but for now this is working nicely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Katie!
I'm enjoying reading about Jacob! He is a real cutie. Amazing how fast time goes (and doesn't), isn't it?
If Jacob is still having trouble sleeping, I have an idea for you. I know moms hate unsolicited advice so let's classify this as "something that's worked for me, don't feel you have to do it". There's a book called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" that I LOVE. This guy has cracked the code on how to get a baby to sleep well. If you haven't already read it, you might look into it. I read it when Ilsa was a baby, and now I'm re-reading it for Anneli. It's amazing.
Keep up the good work on the blog. It's great to stay updated until the next Donovan get-together that the Whites crash. :-)
- Jeanine
I completely agree with Jeanine. That book was recommended to me, too, and even though I was doing most of the stuff it said, it helped me stay on track and realize I was doing good things. And it has info for years to come!
Jacob is getting so big! I love that he can actually express emotions now :-) Hope everything is going well in Cali... we're back up to 70/80 degree weather today.
Post a Comment