Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I can't believe...



My maternity leave is almost over. I was able to take 3 months and it started December 1st - we had planned that when we thought Mr. Jacob would arrive around the 17th. But the good part of that is that it means I've gotten to spend the whole time with him. I can't believe he's almost 3 months old already! The other good news is that I can take him with me to the EV. Since it's part time and it's fairly flexible I think it will work well. So we start back to work on Monday which is also Jacob's 3 month birthday. I have to say he's a lot more fun now that he's starting to respond to people and we can play a little bit. It's also nice that he has other ways to communicate besides crying. Not a lot, but the smiling is nice and so is the babbling even if it doesn't mean anything yet. I even got a laugh the day before yesterday. Yesterday he spent several hours punching himself in the face. I was a little worried until I realized that every time he did he also opened his mouth and I realized he was trying to get his fist in his mouth. He never quite succeeded but he's nothing if not determined. Luckily he wasn't hitting himself too hard. When he does succeed I don't know what he'll do - he does try to suck on his fist sometimes but it's too big to fit in his mouth so he adjusts and puts his fingers in but they are too small. I'm sure he'll figure something out...even if it's just to put his plug back in and give up on his hand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Great post! Even better pictures! Keep them coming!

Madhu said...

Happy quarter birthday Jacob:)