
Unfortunately when a lot is going on, everyone wants details and pictures - but there is so much going on I simply don't have time (or energy) to post. Things should calm down a bit now that we are now about 95% moved into the house. We moved some of our things last Saturday with the help of Chris's uncle and some friends. We saved the furniture for professional movers on Monday. We have 48 stairs from the garage to the bedrooms and there was no way we were subjecting our friends (or our bodies for that matter) to that! The refrigerator had been delivered the week before so that was all set. We had also finished painting our bedroom - and we're very excited to be living in a place where we can have color on the walls. We have been staying at the house since Monday night but of course there is still a lot of unpacking and settling in that needs to be done. Also, although the washer and dryer have been delivered they have not been hooked up because of a miscommunication. That should happen on Saturday which will be very nice. While we CAN live in a house with no washer and dryer, a certain little boy goes through clothes pretty quickly and having to go somewhere else to do laundry is pretty inconvenient.
Speaking of a certain little boy - Jacob also started daycare on Monday. He is going 3 days a week and his first day was the same day the movers came. The poor guy left one house and came back to another one. On the plus side we got a LOT done that day since both Chris and I took the day off of work to get everything moved. His first day was a little rough: I got a call asking if I had any suggestions to get him to take a nap. It turns out that in the chaos we had forgotten his pacifier. He's not usually a HUGE pacifier guy but it definitely does help him go to sleep. I took one over to daycare and he got through the rest of the day just fine. However, he was not that happy with us when we picked him up. And when we pulled into the garage of the house he was not amused. But when we got upstairs and he saw his bed and his things he felt much better. All in all he's handling everything well, but he's definitely grumpier than usual. On the other hand so am I and I know what's going on.
I am posting some pictures of the house from before we moved in. Although the camera and the computer are now in the same place, I don't have any idea where the cable is to connect the two! I promise more pictures soon! (For context: the first picture is the view on the stairs into the living room. The door on the left is the bathroom - the same door that is shown in the other picture. Once you are at the top of the stairs - with your back to the bathroom door - you see the kitchen.) We really need one of those virtual tours....
No comments:
Post a Comment