Sunday, October 11, 2009

My child is a dimpled lunatic...




I am happy to report that we are now mostly settled in to the new house. Jacob is feeling much better about daycare. He still cries when we drop him off and again when we pick him up but he is perfectly fine when he can't see either of us. He spends a lot of time with the toddlers. He is thoroughly intrigued by them and they are thoroughly intrigued by him. While at daycare he has painted, played in a sandbox, made a dried leaf collage, and spent lots of time on nature walks which he seems to really enjoy. This week he has his school pictures!

Also in the past few weeks he got to spend time with his Donovan grandparents. Chris's dad was out here for 2 weeks and will be back on a regular basis. Chris's mom came out for 5 days in the middle. While they were here they helped us get settled in - in part by keeping Jacob occupied while Chris and I painted the kitchen. We also got some baby gates up though Jacob seems to think that they were put there just for his amusement. One of his favorite things to do is pull himself up on the gate and shake it. He gives me a huge grin and takes off crawling to the gate. Sometimes I crawl behind him and chase him and he thinks that's very funny. But sometimes he gets so excited that instead of crawling away from me he crawls to me. He thinks that's even funnier. One of the nice things about our new place is that we are near several parks. In fact there is a park with a very nice playground being built in our complex. That one is not open yet, but Chris and Jacob have been to another park nearby. Unfortunately I had to miss it because I was doing some training for work, but they had a great time and Jacob got to go in a swing.

We don't have too much planned for this week so I'll try to get some pictures of the house posted soon.

No comments: