Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving


First of all, we hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. We had some friends over and everyone had a good time. Well, everyone except for Jacob. He knew something exciting was going to be happening and so he refused to take a nap. I knew he was tired and I put him in bed but 45 minutes later he was still playing and talking so I brought him downstairs. When people started to arrive he became very suspicious and I'm pretty sure he thought we were going to leave. Then more people showed up and he didn't know what to think. About the time we were ready to sit down for dinner he had a complete meltdown followed by a 2 hour nap. He did get up in time to have dessert with everyone. He also was able to wear his "My First Thanksgiving" outfit. I wasn't sure it would work since it's only 12 months size (they just don't make first Thanksgiving outfits in 18 or 24 month sizes).

We are quickly approaching Jacob's birthday! He's going to take cookies to daycare on Wednesday to celebrate. He has his doctor's appointment on Thursday and then we are having an open house party on Saturday. Mostly it is a "thank you" to everyone who has helped us survive our first year. Although most of you are live too far away to come to the party, we still thank you for everything!

No comments: