I can't believe it has been two weeks since I last posted (saying, of course, that I would post the next day). Jacob is feeling much better and his 18 month appointment went very well. You will be surprised to hear that he is "above the 99th percentile" for height and weight. He weighs in at 33 pounds - which was not at all surprising since one of his favorite things to do is get on our bathroom scale - and he is 36 inches tall. According to the babycenter website, he is in the 50th percentile for a boy one year older than he is. Although he doesn't have a lot of words yet, he has recently discovered the power of the word "please". I started teaching him to say please because it is much less annoying than the whining he was doing when he wanted something to eat. Once he realized that saying please almost automatically meant more food he was all for it. Unfortunately, I can not usually tell what he is saying BEFORE the word please so it's still really hard to tell what it is he wants and he almost always has strong opinions about what he wants. Still, it is a vast improvement over the whining we had before.
In other news, we have further proof that Jacob is indeed a Donovan. Not only is he a huge fan of ketchup, he is also rather fond of salsa. Mostly I think he just likes dipping things...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please note that Jacob had a chip in each hand to start this clip and is eating with both hands. Kind of like someone else we know...
Post a Comment