This blog has lost one of its biggest fans. Last Sunday my grandmother died. After a hectic day trying to track down plane tickets and permission from my doctor, we flew out to Buffalo on Monday. We were really blessed to be able to be there for both the wake and the funeral. Jacob, of course, had no idea what was going on but handled everything beautifully. While I considered just going by myself, a number of people (some of whom I had never met) thanked us for bringing him "as a reminder of the good things in the world". I am extremely grateful that we were able to make the trip and for all of the people who helped make our travels as painless as possible. We will miss my grandmother, but we find peace in knowing that she is at peace and no longer struggling.
Friday, September 17, 2010
On a Sad Note...
This blog has lost one of its biggest fans. Last Sunday my grandmother died. After a hectic day trying to track down plane tickets and permission from my doctor, we flew out to Buffalo on Monday. We were really blessed to be able to be there for both the wake and the funeral. Jacob, of course, had no idea what was going on but handled everything beautifully. While I considered just going by myself, a number of people (some of whom I had never met) thanked us for bringing him "as a reminder of the good things in the world". I am extremely grateful that we were able to make the trip and for all of the people who helped make our travels as painless as possible. We will miss my grandmother, but we find peace in knowing that she is at peace and no longer struggling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Katie, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. We'll be praying for your family.
Post a Comment