Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home




Alex and I got home from the hospital on Saturday. Although he does not sleep through the night, he does appreciate not being woken up every few hours for blood work and other checks and so do I! Jacob is completely in love with him. Since we've been home, he has come to our room every morning to see the baby. He gives him lots of kisses and knows what to do if he wants to hold him (namely sit down and put your arms out). He even helped me change a diaper today. Alex has started gaining weight, which is very exciting. They had been worried at the hospital about how much he had lost. It is hard to believe that Jacob was ever that small, though in reality he was never THAT small. Alex is pretty easy going and is fairly consistent in getting up every three hours overnight. Not a long time for mom and dad to sleep but longer than some parents get so we can't complain too much. I continue to be relieved at how much easier my recovery is compared to last time. Even having all of the stairs at our house has not been all that bad. We are also very lucky to have my mom here for the month to help out. Even with an easier recovery it is wonderful to have an extra set of hands - especially from someone who can pick up Jacob!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for all the pictures and updates! I've been showing everyone on the ship everytime I see a new post! I'm glad you are all doing well and I can't wait to meet Alex!!

Love,

Jenny

Mike and Lucy said...

I love your pictures. Jacob is so sweet with his baby brother! Glad to hear you are recovering well. Take care!

Anonymous said...

We thoroughly enjoyed seeing the pictures of Jacob and Alex, especially the one of Jacob kissing Alex goodnight. Katie, you are doing a great job with the blog - we have been reading it from day one. Can hardly wait to see the four of you! Grandpa came home on the 24th and is doing well. Mike, Marj, Anne and Michael are here for the holiday. Thursday was also our 56th Anniversary so it was all very special!

We'll keep you posted and will keep reading here.

love and hugs
Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Donovan