Friday, November 5, 2010

Night and Day

Thank you to everyone for all of the well-wishes! Alex and I are doing well and will probably go home tomorrow. We thought we might go home today but Alex hasn't quite figured out eating yet, which just goes to show that even brothers can be very very different. Jacob got to meet Alex yesterday and while he was excited to see a baby he was not really sure what to make of the whole situation. I think he was confused by going to visit Mommy in a strange place. However, he is having a good time with Grandma, who I'm happy to say will be here for the rest of this month.



I know most of you come to this blog to read about Jacob (and now Alex) but I just wanted to take a moment of reflection. Now that it is safely over, I think I can fairly say I really don't like being pregnant. I remember when I was pregnant with Jacob and someone I knew told me that she was jealous because she wanted to be pregnant. I immediately responded "trust me you don't" which was not very sensitive of me and I still feel a little bad about saying it. They say that every woman and every pregnancy is different and that is absolutely true, but I didn't really enjoy either pregnancy. Although having a newborn and recovering from a c-section have their own challenges I am glad not to be pregnant anymore. That being said, it is still very exciting that both of my sisters and I were pregnant at the same time. My hope for them is that everything goes smoothly and that, despite living on the other side of the country, our kids will have fun together. As for the c-section, my recovery is so much better this time than it was after I had Jacob. It will be interesting to see how things go once I get home, with all of the stairs and with Jacob, but for now my doctor and I are both thrilled at how much better everything is going. And so goes the beginning of our next adventure!

No comments: