First, the not so great news. When I said that everyone was on the mend last week I was a little overly optimistic. I am feeling significantly better and I expect to be completely back to normal in the next week. Jacob is feeling much better as well. Still a few coughs, but generally he is his normal self. Chris has been fine all along (thank goodness!). Which leaves Alex. Today we found out that Alex has his first ear infection. His doctor also thinks he has bronchiolitis and possibly a virus called RSV, but since the treatment for those things is the same as for the ear infection we decided not to test any further. Luckily, his next regular appointment is next week so we can make sure everything has cleared up. I knew that he wasn't feeling well, but I was surprised by the ear infection because in general he'd been in a pretty good mood. In fact, we had lunch with Chris before the doctor's appointment and he was smiling and giggling for Chris's coworkers. But hopefully he's REALLY on the mend now.
Before this came up, we'd had a pretty quiet week. Since Jacob has been feeling better he is back to being his normal self again, which means we have no shortness of cute at our house. I mentioned in a previous post that we now have a Wii which Jacob calls "Doggy Wii". Recently he has discovered the manual for the Wii and it became his favorite book. He calls it "Doggy Wii Pictures". Because it is in three languages, he gets to see the pictures 3 times! While he can't actually play any of the games himself, he thoroughly enjoys watching us play and has a tendency to copy whatever we are doing...or what he sees on the screen.
Jacob has always been a boy who knows what he wants, but now that he's speaking more clearly it is easier to get his point across. I get a lot of "No Mommy! Cob do it!" and recently a "No Mommy! Puppy do it!" I didn't know that his puppy was so proficient at doing all of the activities in Pat the Bunny, but apparently he's been practicing. Jacob can buckle himself into his carseat (thankfully he can't unbuckle it yet) and now when he unloads the dishwasher he puts everything in the right place. But probably my favorite thing lately is that he learned what a rooster says. I wish I could get a video and I will keep trying because it is just not the same when you write it out. Currently if you ask him what a rooster says he yells "clock-clock-ADOOO" with such enthusiasm that you can't imagine he is ever in a bad mood. While that is certainly not the case, he does enjoy life thoroughly. At the moment he is practicing falling on the floor - just because he can. If only we could find a way to bottle that kind of energy...

No comments:
Post a Comment