Sunday, October 30, 2011

Coming soon...



The next couple months should be extra busy now that we are entering the holiday and birthday season.

Yesterday we took Jacob to pick out a birthday present for Alex. Of course, Halloween is on Monday. Alex turns one on Thursday - which we will celebrate by going to the doctor and with a small gathering on Saturday. I will be really curious to find out how big he's gotten. He is extremely close to walking - he pulls up and walks along furniture and walls and he lets go but will not try to take a step. He can walk holding one of my hands but he still prefers two hands. Soon we will be transitioning to milk from formula and to cups from bottles.

Alex starts daycare the next Monday and our schedule will switch back to Monday, Wednesday, Friday. It will be very strange not to have him with me at work, but it will definitely make things easier. Now that he is mobile it has definitely become more challenging having him at work! I am hoping he has been exposed to enough through Jacob that he won't get sick too much - though with flu season upon us I don't want to get my hopes too high. I also think we have molars coming in, though it's hard to see back there - especially since he likes to bite.

So it should be an *exciting* couple weeks. I have stocked up on caffeinated beverages, just in case :-) I will post when I can and I promise to take lots of pictures.

No comments: