Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful

Our Thanksgiving Wreath


We truly do have so much to be thankful for. A few people on my Facebook feed have been doing on thing they are thankful for every day and while I think it's a great reminder I just haven't been up to posting (or even looking at) Facebook every day. Which is not to say that I am not thankful every day, just that I don't want to commit to being thankful publicly every day. But I do have a lot to be thankful for right now and this seems like a good time to share.

I am thankful that I had a successful (though slightly more complicated than expected) surgery. Although I ended up with a large incision in addition to just the small laparoscopic ones my recovery has not been that bad. It's hard to believe that only two weeks ago I was still at the hospital. And even though I wasn't expecting a hospital stay and it's going to be a long recovery, I am actually taking fewer painkillers than before the surgery which is extremely exciting.

Photo by Jacob
I am thankful that my mom has been here this month. I can't even imagine how things would have gone had she not been here to help. I can't even put into words how much it has meant to have her here. I am also thankful for all of the friends and family who have offered assistance. I will be calling on some of you in another week after my mom heads home. I am thankful for a fun and flexible job. And a daycare that we all like that is close to home. I am thankful that everyone has stayed relatively healthy.

I am thankful for the Costco concierge service that took care of us when 11 months after the warranty expired on our TV, it did this:
The lines were an interesting effect when playing on the Wii
Mostly I'm just thankful. We are so lucky to be where we are right now. And we don't ever want to forget it.





No comments: