Monday, February 2, 2009

2 months!

Well Jacob went in for his 2 month appointment today and confirmed what we already suspected - he's a big baby! At 2 feet tall he's in the 94th percentile for height and at 12 lbs 10 oz he's only in the 74th percentile. Everything looks good and he did very well with his shots - thus confirming it was harder on me than on him. I felt especially bad because by the time we got to the immunizations he had fallen asleep. But he was back asleep by the time we pulled out of the parking lot so it couldn't have been TOO bad. To add to the excitement they are doing fire alarm testing in our complex today through Wednesday. Luckily they started on the other side of the complex so Jacob and I could come home after the appointment today. They are opening up a community room in another complex if we need a place to go, but I was really dreading 3 days in there with a cranky baby. In other news, Jacob enjoyed his first Superbowl. Actually enjoyed might be too strong a word - mostly he was confused and annoyed that he couldn't sleep for too long without people yelling. I told him he'll understand when he is older. It was an exciting game! Tomorrow (as part of our plan to be out of the house when they are testing the fire alarm) we are going to visit Chris at work (and meet some of his coworkers) so that should be fun. We are also going to pick up our bike trailer from REI (thanks to Chris's parents!) so we can all go on bike rides - when it gets a little warmer and Jacob can sit up on his own! I don't have any new pictures on my computer, so I'll go ahead and post this now and try to add pictures later :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for updates! I love reading about your exciting life as parents and Jacob's little achievements! And I definitely love the pics! :) Thank you :)