Jacob was very disappointed to find that rice cereal is not really as exciting as he thought it would be. In fact, he's not entirely sure why people would eat such a thing. He is however willing

to give it another try.
Also this week we went out to visit some friends who have a 10 month old and a 3 year old. I'm not sure that Jacob realized that there were people as small has him. As it turns out, my friends' baby is small for his age and since Jacob is big for his age they were the same size! It was very fun to watch them. My friend also made us some new diaper covers (we use cloth

diapers) since he'd outgrown the old ones. There will probably be some pictures of the covers in future posts because I love them so much.
One other first this week was that Jacob got to ride in someone else's car. On Thursday night I lead a WW meeting and so Chris comes home from work early and takes care of Jacob. But this past Thursday (for those of you who don't live in San Jose) someone (probably several someones) cut some of the cables that provide phone and internet service to a lot

of people. This left a lot of people unable to call 911 in an emergency (cell phones were only working itermittently at best). Chris is part of a team that helps with communication in these types of situations. He didn't know how long he'd be gone so he called me and asked if I could find someone to take Jacob. Many thanks to Brittany for bringing Jacob back to our apartment and taking care of him until Chris got home! It was VERY strange for me leaving the EV with just my purse: no baby, no diaper bag just my purse and that was it.
Of course we have some more firsts this weekend, but I'll save those for another post!
1 comment:
Katie, thanks for the updates and the pictures! I added one with Jacob and Chris as my background for my lap top! I can't believe he's getting so big!
Post a Comment