
It's been a very exciting time in the Donovan household! Jacob has his two front teeth on the bottom, however he does not like to show them off so it's been hard to get a picture. The one we have we took while he was crying - and I'll tell you a surefire way to make a baby mad is to take his picture while he is crying. Sadly as soon as his teeth broke through and THAT was feeling better, he started to get a cold. He's currently on the mend and feeling better every day. He is also getting more comfortable with "solid" food though he does have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a spoon works. Yesterday I mixed some applesauce with some rice cereal. While he's eaten both of these before he has always been generally unsure about the whole eating from a spoon thing. He'll swallow most of the food but not without a "why are we doing this" sort of face (see the post from his first rice cereal). Yesterday however he was extremely enthusiastic. He grabbed my hand with both of his and sucked on the spoon furiously trying to get more food out of it. I managed to convince him to let me remove my hand and get more food but the food certainly didn't last long.

In other news, our closing date has been pushed back so we will likely be moving in June instead of May. This is actually a bit of a relief since we'll be in Atlanta for the last 10 days of May and there is a lot to get done before we move. This past month has been a particularly busy one at the EV (where Jacob and I work) - in fact, Chris and I helped out at an EV fundraiser on Saturday evening. It was a lot of fun and the food and the people were wonderful! Jacob stayed home with Chris's aunt and uncle and I hear they had a lot of fun as well. (Oh and let me know if you'd like to know more about the EV - we have a newsletter that comes out by email once a month if you're interested in what we're doing.)
We are planning for some much-needed downtime this weekend and soon Jacob will be getting a new carseat! His current infant carseat/carrier is getting too small . I'm definitely going to miss the convenience but he's just getting too tall!
No comments:
Post a Comment