Saturday, January 18, 2014

Chris's Birthday and those Pesky Germans


Every year, Chris has a German chocolate cake for his birthday. From scratch. With frosting around the sides instead of just between the layers. It's not the most beautiful cake in the world but it's always delicious and it's very rich so we always have lots of leftovers.

This year when the cake was served, Alex asked what kind of cake it was. When we told him that it was German chocolate cake he said, in his sweetest Alex voice, "But I don't LIKE Germans". We all started laughing so hard we couldn't answer him. He ate the chocolate cake but not the frosting and when he reached the point where there was only frosting left he told me again that he didn't like Germans. By this time we had recovered and I asked him to point to a German. As I expected, he pointed to the coconut.

No comments: