Saturday, January 18, 2014

December Craziness

Santa at daycare
Chris ended up with a business trip to Utah the second week of December so we had a lot to fit in around that. We made it to Christmas in the Park in Downtown San Jose a couple days after Jacob's birthday. They have machines that shoot out fake snow which the boys were very excited about. I remember it being more snow-like but I haven't been in a couple years and this time it was definitely little bubbles.

We have always gotten a live tree. Even when we lived in our first apartment - a 300 square foot efficiency - we got one of those little table top trees. I didn't think much of it when we got to the tree lot and I suddenly had a headache and felt like I needed to lie down. I should have paid attention though because although our tree was an absolutely beautiful Grand Fir, I was most certainly allergic to it. I was about to be allergy tested so I didn't take anything for the first week. But after that Allegra D was my best friend. Not the most pleasant way to spend the holidays. The tree was fresh though and continued to take water a couple times a day until we left for Tucson. It's been a few year since we've had one that fresh. Maybe that was the difference? I don't know. But our tree was beautiful. We have collected quite a few ornaments over the years and every one had a story.

Chris got back on the 13th and my Holiday Party for work was on the 15th. The party is for our volunteers and has always been during the week around lunch time. Now that we have the nature center, we have volunteers who are not available during the week so we decided to change things up. In the process we changed the format a bit and allowed families to come to the Holiday Party as well. The party is held at the very beautiful home of one of our long time volunteers and Chris had always wanted to see it. It was a wonderful party and everyone had a great time.

Alex showing Santa the train on his sweater
We left from there to go to a bowling birthday party for Jacob's very best friends Zane and Dashiel. It was loud and chaotic but a good time was had by all. Sadly, Alex (who had fallen at the Holiday Party and scratched his cheek) got very excited after rolling his ball down a ramp and hit his chin so it was a rough day for Alex. We all slept very well that night.

Alex and Santa
A couple days later Chris's parents got into town. The next day Santa came to daycare. It was a Thursday so we took the boys over especially for that. Santa brings each child a book (which the parents provided) and talks to each child about what he or she wants for Christmas. Chris's mom got some great pictures! The day after that was the boys' Christmas show. Alex's teacher had requested that the boys wear black pants, a white shirt, and a green or red bow tie. I went ahead and got bow ties for each boy but Jacob didn't actually wear his. Everyone was, of course, completely adorable. As soon as I find the pictures from Alex's show I will add them!

Jacob and Santa
We left from there to go to a Knights of Columbus Christmas party at church. Although Santa did not come to the party, the three wise men brought all of the kids gifts (which, again, the parents provided). Our boys got a couple of card games which were very popular. This was also Chris's birthday, but because there was so much going on we decided to hold off and celebrate the next day.

Jacob's Christmas show









No comments: